The Coachability Group is happy to share this youth football parents’ testimonial! Hope you like it as much as we do!
** FROM A FOOTBALL PARENT **
A friend asked “Why do you pay so much money and spend so much time running around for your child to play football?“
My response: “Well, I don’t just pay for my child to kick a ball about whilst I do all the running about.”
So, if I am not paying for football, what am I paying for?
* I pay for the opportunity that my child can have and will have to make life-long friendships.
* I pay for those moments when my child becomes so tired they feel like quitting but don’t.
* I pay for my child to learn to be disciplined.
* I pay for my child to learn to take care of their body.
* I pay for my child to learn to work with others and to be a proud, supportive, kind and respectful team member.
* I pay for my child to learn to deal with disappointment, when they don’t get that goal they hoped for, or miss that pass despite having practiced a thousand times, but still gets up and is determined to do their best next time.
* I pay for the chance that they may have amazing coaches that will teach them that football is not just about game plans but about life.
* I pay for my child to learn to make and accomplish goals.
* I pay for my child to learn that it takes hours of hard work and practice to create a champion, and that success does not happen overnight.
* I pay so that my child can be on the pitch instead of in front of a screen.
I could go on, but to be short, I don’t pay for football. I pay for the opportunities that football provides my child to develop attributes that will serve them well throughout their life, and give them the opportunity to bless the lives of others.
From what I have seen for many years, I think it is a great investment in my child’s future!