Written By: Kate Mason, Optimist Youth Football parent (1 minute read + Link)
My son’s team has a wonderful set of parents that I have greatly enjoyed getting to know over these last few weeks. I came across this list posted recently by The Reformed Sports Project. I thought the message was important to pass on. This list personally has given me a chance to reflect on why these positive actions can make my son’s sports experience better.
5 things that every sports parent should do…
- Support every player on the team
- Speak positively about the coaches even if you don’t agree
- Encourage working through struggles
- Ask questions instead of giving opinions
- Be a positive influence at games